It is shining a fiery red again, this beautiful lobster, recently restored by the conservation department of the Ministry of Culture’s Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed.
In the fall of 1940 German museum director Hans Posse went to Jewish art dealership Katz in Dieren. He was a regular customer at the company. This provided temporary protection to the Katz family. Posse was responsible for the formation of the collection to a new Führermuseum, which was to be built in Linz, Austria. Hitler had a staff of art experts who collected art throughout Europe, often forcing sales with jewish owners. The museum, however, was never built.